Parrot Training - a guide to taming and gentling
In paperback at last — the definitive guide to parrot training.
Sharing your home and life with a pet bird from the parrot family can be a joy that must be experienced to be appreciated. Whether your parrot pal is a lordly macaw, a tiny budgie or any of the beautiful Amazons, African greys, cockatoos or beloved species in between, life can be beautiful when communication works. And that is what Parrot Training : A Guide to Taming and Gentling Your Avian Companion can do for the relationship.
Originally published as The Pleasure of Their Company: An Owner's Guide to Parrot Training, this amply illustrated book is just what parrot owners need to bring up happy, well-behaved pets. You get:
- Hands-on advice from one of the nation's foremost parrot authorities
- A thorough explanation of "normal" parrot behavior and the benefits of training
- Coverage of everything from gentling fledglings and basic obedience to potty training, speech, and tricks"
- The reasons for training a parrot
- How and owner's behaviour influences training results
- Working with baby birds and weanlings
- Training techniques for adult parrots
Author : BONNIE MUNRO DOANE, RN, BSN, MSN, has worked with parrots for nearly twenty years. As both pet owner and breeder, she has wide experience in the areas of parrot behavior and behavioral problems, parrot husbandry, nutrition, breeding and rearing of many species of parrot chicks. Ms. Doane has been a member of the Association of Avian Veterinarians since 1987.
Paperback - 224 pages
- Product Reviews